Monday 29 April 2013

Makeup Look #1 : Silver Smokey Eye

Hello Everyone, for look number one, I chose to do a smokey silver eye. I think this would look great for girls with dresses that are of deep colors like these illustrated below and also very light colored dresses like champagne. 




Without further ado, here is the tutorial. 

 


Eyeshadow: I chose to do a silver smokey look which consist of silver and black colors. So in that case, I am using a light silver color all over the lid. To add definition, I applied a deeper silver almost carbon black color in the crease. Then I took a black shimmery color and applied that in the outer corner. Once I did that, I put shimmer on the lid to make my eyes sparkle but this step is optional. Since it is Prom, you want to go crazy with the glitter. 

Eyeliner: For eyeliner, I used a black liquid eyeliner because that is the one I like the most and I can control the best. Since this is a more intense look, the black eyeliner is essential. For the application, I used the method of starting in the center of the eyelid then went to the outside of my eye. Then once that part was finished, I went from the inner corner of the eye and connected it to the other half. This method makes it easier to get a clean straight line. 

Contouring: I used my bronzer and applied it in the "E-3" method. This method is applying bronzer on your temples, under your cheekbones and along your jaw. So with your brush you are making an "E" on one side of your face and a "3" on the other side of your face. Look at Beyonce down below where I have drawn on her face to illustrate this "E-3" method. 

Highlighting: For a highlight on the face, I used a cool pearl color to stay uniform with the colors of my eyes. My eyeshadows are cool colors therefore we want to keep the face with cool colors. I applied this to my cheekbones, down the bridge of my nose and on my cupid's bow. You want to highlight the places that your face gets hit with the light to give the illusion of a glowing porcelain face. 

Lips: For the lips, I decided to go with a soft pink to add a little touch of color. The reason I only used a lip gloss was because the focus of the makeup look was the eyes and I did not want to overdue the makeup to look like a clown. 

This is the silver smokey eye, hope you guys liked it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment